If you want to take marketing your music to another level, then I can't recommend enough John Oszajca's music marketing manifesto. My favorite aspect of his complete program was his stance on email marketing, where he really leverages the that "1000 true fans" philosophy.
His website is a bit hokey (Flaming guitars? Seriously?), but his program really shows independant artists how to get a leg-up on signed artists.
- 8:15am - I went to bed around 3am last night. I woke up fairly easily, even though I really would have liked to sleep.
I do feel like a broken record here though, as a lot of my results are very similar to the results I achieved during my first 4 days (before I overslept).
Today is the equivalent to day 4, and it feels very much like day 4, except a little bit easier.
Days 9 & 10 felt like days 2 & 3 (respectively), except a bit easier too! So go figure!
Just a few more days and I'll actually be having some more original material for you, rather than ghost-like repeats of my previous days.
- 11am - Although I'm fairly functional, I still have a general haze over my mind at the moment.
- 1:30pm - On the drive home from church, I almost fell asleep in the passenger seat. It's so hot out today that I feel very drowsy when you combine it with my sleep.
- 5:45pm - I woke up from my 1.5 hour nap. I was able to wake up fairly quickly, although it was ridiculously hot out today, and that includes my bedroom, so that was making me pretty groggy.
I can't wait for things to get a little easier and less tired here.
- 9pm - Since the sun has gone down, I've become much more energetic. With cooler air, it seems to be much easier to feel awake. I guess the tremendous heat really does add to your tiredness, especially if you're doing a sleep schedule like this.
- 1am - I'm feeling extremely tired right now. I think I may have taken my nap too early. At this point, I'm starting to get a bit sick of the schedule, and am tempted to give up, but I know I can do it if I continue on.
I'm still prepared in case the experiment is not successful. If it turns out that it's not sustainable for me, then I will be willing to admit that. But considering my oversleeping day, I would need to get to a total of 14 or 15 days before I could make an assessment as to whether I am truly adapting or not.
So I've got a few more days left before I decide whether I'm going to continue or not. I'm feeling exceptionally tired still, so I'm not sure how successful it's going to be, but you never know; a lot can happen in 2 or 3 days.
Learn To Build Your Band's Website
My free 48-page guide to building your band's website will take you from start-to-finish in setting up a professional website for your band. It covers:
- choosing a web host & installing wordpress
- choosing a theme
- essential elements to include on your site
- why blog, and what about
- much more
Enter your name and email below to get this free guide today!
About The Writer
My name is Andrew Muller. I love creative art, music, television shows, movies, video games, and a good story.
If you had to find me somewhere, you would probably find me down at O'neils home cooking eating an organic sweet-potato bun breakfast sandwich with ham.
Among my friends, it's a "Muller Classic Move" to eat Mcdonald's at 2am because it's cheap and open 24/7. The joke here is that I'm an idiot.
I play drums, guitar, piano, and I write & perform music for My Goal Is Telepathy. Take a listen to the latest sound here.