Biphasic Sleep For Musicians Day 14
At this point in my schedule, I've realized that 4.5 hours each night simply isn't working, so I'm officially going to be moving past that, and moving towards 5 or 5.5 hours of sleep each night (the 1.5 hour nap stays the same).
If you want to take marketing your music to another level, then I can't recommend enough John Oszajca's music marketing manifesto. My favorite aspect of his complete program was his stance on email marketing, where he really leverages the that "1000 true fans" philosophy.
His website is a bit hokey (Flaming guitars? Seriously?), but his program really shows independant artists how to get a leg-up on signed artists.
- 6:50am - Waking up seems a bit easier than yesterday, but not by much. I am glad for the extra half hour of sleep.
- 7:30 - I'm starting to feel a bit more awake now. Getting a smoothie right away was important for my energy levels.
- 8:30am - I'm fairly awake now, but still with a general haze of tiredness around me.
- 9am - Feeling extra drowsy right this second. Just kind if creeped up on me.
- 10:30am - Although I'm functioning well, I am quite exhausted at this point. Drowsiness is just behind my eyes, even though I'm trying to be active in playing guitar or doing more exciting things.
- 4:20pm - I've actually been feeling depressed today for the first time since I start this sleep schedule. I really was unproductive today except for working on music, and I'm not so sure the song I wrote is even one that I'm confident in.
My nap today might be a bit short, so I'm hoping that's not a big problem.
I really have been demotivated today though. Only after going on a bike ride outside was I able to actually feel a bit more alive; I guess that's what exercise is for!
- 5:45pm - I was able to sleep for just over an hour, which is good because I wasn't sure if I would get even an hour. I had kind of run myself out of time there.
- 7:20pm - I can tell that my nap really had some rejuvenating power in it, as I feel mostly normal and alert at this time.
- 9pm - I'm feeling pretty good right now, not too tired at all.
- 1am - I feel like it's 1am. Somewhat tired, but it's not too bad either.
I'm not really sure exactly why it turned out this way. Day 6 seemed to have been going well, and I had quite a bit of confidence that it was going to work out, but after that day where I overslept I just wasn't able to regain the same energy levels I had.
It's possible that I just got lucky that day and felt particularly well. It's also possible that I was truly adjusting to it, but messed it up when I overslept. All I know is that it's Day 14, and I still haven't regained the same results.
I also have no signs telling me that I'm going to regain those results. Although I'm able to feel alright if I get up and moving, I'm really not noticing any massive improvements in my energy levels over the days. If things were going properly, I should be fairly adjusted by this time, but that's not how I feel.
So tonight I'll be sleeping for 5 hours, and see how it goes tomorrow.
Learn To Build Your Band's Website
My free 48-page guide to building your band's website will take you from start-to-finish in setting up a professional website for your band. It covers:
- choosing a web host & installing wordpress
- choosing a theme
- essential elements to include on your site
- why blog, and what about
- much more
Enter your name and email below to get this free guide today!
About The Writer
My name is Andrew Muller. I love creative art, music, television shows, movies, video games, and a good story.
If you had to find me somewhere, you would probably find me down at O'neils home cooking eating an organic sweet-potato bun breakfast sandwich with ham.
Among my friends, it's a "Muller Classic Move" to eat Mcdonald's at 2am because it's cheap and open 24/7. The joke here is that I'm an idiot.
I play drums, guitar, piano, and I write & perform music for My Goal Is Telepathy. Take a listen to the latest sound here.